Types of False Ceiling Designs for ResidencesDecember 26, 2017
Top qualities that define the best interior designerDecember 29, 2017
For centuries marble has been decorating homes and its elegant look makes it popular even today. There are many patterns and colors. Originally marble is from Italy but there are many types of marbles like breccia, calacatta etc. There are two types of marble finishes, polished and honed. Some tips on maintaining marble are:
- It has to refinished every 6-12 months since the surface is porous.
- It is not suitable if you have pets at home.
- Marble is very sensitive to acidic substances like wine, coffee, sodas etc. Hence if there is any spill it has to be cleaned immediately.
- It is a best practice to use a soft cloth while cleaning and preferably hot water can be used.
- It is required to clean the marble floors regularly by dusting or moping.
- Dirt can be carried inside your home from your shoes, so try to use doormats or rugs.
- Do not drag heavy furniture on the floor as this can lead to scratches.
- If the marble is used on countertops, then avoid sitting on them or putting too much pressure may lead to cracks.
- Get professional help to clean the marble.
- While mopping continuously change the water, as cleaning using a dirty mop will result in the marble looking pale and unattractive.
- Polish marble can be slippery sometimes when it is wet. Hence ensure no accidental spills are left unattended.
- Use marble sealers to avoid water to seep into it.
- Do not use oil treated dust mops on the surface.
- Blot the spills instead of wiping it as not to spread the spill.
- Use neutrals cleansers which should not be acidic either basic.
With these tips, it is possible to have a shiny marble surface that enhances its natural beauty.
Check out what kind of Materials used in Interior Designing and how to make painting for home interiors.